riskCanvas Feature Release
riskCanvas Release 6.2.0 marks our transition to a genuine DevOps delivery model. This new Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline extends to the Production environment, enabling us to deliver continuous evolutionary value to our clients while minimizing disruptive large-scale changes. For years, the riskCanvas Software Development Life Cycle has incorporated significant system automation and Continuous Integration, and now we can bring the overwhelmingly positive benefits of DevOps to our clients. This approach, along with a continuous focus on quality and accountability, allows us to provide our clients with:
- constant engagement and feedback
- lower time to value
- lower time to recovery
- increased velocity of enhancements and fixes
- increased system resilience
Clients on Release 6.2.0 and future releases will always be green, and they will have the latest riskCanvas code base for all DevOps-enabled components.
Release 6.2.0 also fixes some prioritized known bugs from Release 6.1.0 and addresses several client feedback items. Moving forward, we'll use the pipeline to deliver additional value under the Release 6.2.0 umbrella.
For the latest release notes, please click the link below.
Changes & Enhancements to Release 6.2.0
in the Last Two Weeks
Enable and transition client environments to the DevOps pipeline and roll out the latest codebase into all regions (based on the scope of service, complexity, and environment nuances, usually expected to be a multi-sprint effort
Maturation of code deployment through the DevOps pipeline
Rapid identification, troubleshooting, and code release to all pipeline-enabled environments to remediate reported issues
Enable Elasticsearch SSL in client environment to adopt security best practices and comply with prerequisites of the newest version of the Transaction Monitoring (TM) engine.
Bug Fix: When exporting the User Management details from riskCanvas, the export file did not contain all information displayed in the UI. The export file now reflects the information displayed in the UI, simplifying user analysis.
Bug Fix: TM rules [begin with/end with/contains] that include a "." will not work. A whole transaction amount (.00) can now be entered and used to construct a TM rule.
Bug Fix: When importing the Activiti app, the request mapping is missed and must be updated manually. Fixing this will help reduce the manual steps needed when importing from Activiti into an environment.
Bug Fix: In the Simulation result screen, results are not sorted when attempting to sort a column on the alert grid. We will apply this fix specifically to the Alert Date and Account columns.
Bug Fix: If the Create Item permission is false, users can still navigate to the create item URL
Scoped out: When clearing out the maximum value for a Risk Range in riskDNA Threshold Configurations, the minimum value of a higher Risk Range resets to 1 instead of remaining blank. riskCanvas determined there was minimal impact on the user experience. System controls are in place to prevent the system from saving blank or overlapping values.
We will continue focusing on transitioning more clients and their environments to the DevOps pipeline. We will also be working on new features, fixing new and known bugs, and addressing client feedback.
- riskCanvas will soon be launching a new way of contacting riskCanvas Support using a real-time chat! This feature will help users reach the Support Team directly for faster issue coordination and resolution.
- Bug Fixes: We have prioritized the following identified bugs:
- The filing institution on Investigations in Step 1 Part III reverts from the selected financial institution to a default financial institution when saving or submitting an Investigation for SAR review. This issue only occurs the first time (default page loading) if part III includes more than one financial institution (since ‘selectedFinancialInstitution’ is not being set).
- When linking multiple items, the Linked icon does not appear by the original item. Fixing this will help users visually identify linked items.
- Unable to view all linked Alerts in the Alert section of the Parent Item.
We would love to hear your ideas for improving the riskCanvas platform. Visit the link below to submit feedback.